Our Truffled Grilled Cheese at Neuman’s Kitchen is the perfectly bite-sized hors d’oeuvres for any event! It’s so well loved we wanted to give you the recipe to make right at home!
NEUMAN’S TRUFFLED GRILLED CHEESE
- Brioche Bread
- Gruyere Cheese
- Ground Currants
- Truffle Oil
- Soft Butter
- Homemade Tomato Jam (recipe below)
Toss your ground currents in truffle oil. Heat your frying pan and add butter. Once melted add sliced brioche bread and fill with cheese (add as much or little as you want!). Close sandwich and flip once until golden brown on each side and cheese is fully melted. Top with tomato jam and enjoy!
HOMEMADE TOMATO JAM RECIPE
- 3 pounds Pomi tomatoes, or best canned crushed tomato brand possible
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/8 cup sherry vinegar
- Zest from half an orange and half a lemon
- 1 tbsp microplaned ginger
- 2 tsp aleppo pepper (or any good medium heat chili pepper)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin, toasted and ground
- 1/2 tsp coriander, toasted and ground
Bring all ingredients to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Continue to stir as the jam cooks down, make sure to not let the sugar burn. Total cook time will be between 1.5-3 hours on a low simmer. Enjoy on a fantastic grilled cheese and save the rest for later!
Share your images with us on instagram when you tag @NeumansKitchen!